Last Updated: August, 3rd 2020
The Types of Information We Collect from You and How We Collect It
Depending on the specific Services you use and how you interact with us, we may collect various types of information. This information includes information that can be used to identify you personally.
Sometimes you choose to provide this information to us and other times we collect it from you automatically. For example, you choose to provide us certain information when you register or update a an account, use our paid-for Services, apply for a job with us, subscribe to our mailing lists or agree to receive marketing messages from us, call us, email us, live chat with us online or in-game, make a purchase from us, enter one of our competitions or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, post in our forums, conduct a search or post content on our websites, chat or interact with other users on the Services, register to attend our events, or “follow,” “like,” post to, or otherwise interact with our social media accounts. And we collect your information automatically when you browse or use our websites, chat or interact with other users on the Services, receive an email from us, login to your account, play one of our games, live chat with us online or in-game, or make a purchase from us.
Here are some examples of the types of information we may collect from you when you use the Services, including in the past 12 months.
- personal details – e.g., your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- account profile data – e.g., your username, password, password hints, and other information related to your account registration.
- information relating to the browser or device you use to access the Services – e.g., IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in type, operating system and version, or other device information that uniquely identifies the device or application you are using.
- information on how you use our websites – e.g., your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our websites), products/services you view or purchase, webpage response times, download errors, how long you stay on our webpages, and what you do on those webpages.
- information about the location of your device – e.g., precise location data with your opt-in consent (such as latitude/longitude) and imprecise location data (such as data derived from an IP address or that indicates a city or postal code).
- information on how you purchase and use our games and products – e.g., the gaming platform you are using, game version, mobile and hardware identifiers, device event information, crash reports, language or subtitle options, game scores, game metrics, achievements, rankings, play time, feature usage, player performance and progression, purchases, time zone, timestamp, session duration, challenges or gifts sent to other players, and number of friends on the platform.
- information we receive when you interact with third-party platforms – e.g., game consoles (nickname, username, friends list, email address, geolocation, language, and date of birth) or mobile platform providers and app stores (username, device ID, purchase history, and geolocation).
Information You Disclose Publicly: The Services may permit you to submit content on various public channels like blogs and message boards, as well as through gameplay. We or others may store, display, publish, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity, and may or may not attribute it to you. Please note that we do not control who will have access to information you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. Please think carefully before sharing any information on the Services.
Information Third Parties Provide About You: We may, from time to time, supplement the information we collect directly from you on our Services with outside records from third parties for various purposes, including to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor content and ads to you, and to offer you opportunities that may be of interest to you.
Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information from you, including as follows:
- Log Files. A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Services.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is temporarily downloaded to your device and used to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on.
- Location-Identifying Technologies: GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other location-aware technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device.
- Other Technologies: There are a variety of technologies that are included in our Services are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our product and service may include SDKs, which are code that send information about your usage to a server. These SDKs allow you to create an account with your email address on our website and allow us to collect your usage data and performance data so that we can improve your user experience with our Services.
For more information on analytics, advertising, related tracking technologies, and your choices, please visit the “Ads and Analytics” and “Your Choices” sections below.
How We Use the Information We Collect from You
- to provide you the Services, including by authenticating your login information, verifying your age, remembering your settings, and hosting and providing backend infrastructure for our websites and games;
- to improve or develop the Services, including by optimizing traffic, conducting in-game data collection, analytics, and research (including profiling and the use of machine learning), preventing and detecting cheating, managing landing pages, and heat mapping our websites;
- to provide customer support, including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues over live chat, phone, email, or in-game chat;
- to provide you information that you have requested or agreed to receive, such as electronic newsletters, special offers, or promotional materials;
- to process the registration of your account;
- to communicate with you when you message us, respond to our posts, “like” our posts, tweet or retweet us, or otherwise interact with us on social media platforms;
- to process your entry into contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other promotional events that we run from time to time, should you decide to participate in them (in some cases our tournaments may have a “leaderboard” element, in which case we may display your name on a publicly accessible leaderboard);
- to deliver relevant advertisements or offers to you (or people like you), and to measure the effectiveness of these advertisements and offers;
- for Services that allow you to communicate with other users, to enable those communications;
- to enforce our rules and policies and protect the competitive integrity of our games;
- to investigate and respond to fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity on the Services;
- to monitor your participation in our forums and all parts of the Services that allow you to post information or interact with other users;
- for internal business purposes;
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law.
How We Share Your Information
Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners for various purposes. Here are some examples of the types of business partners with which we may share your information:
- console or platform providers who allow you to purchase, access, or play our games;
- companies who help us develop the Services or make them available to you;
- companies who administer or help sponsor contests, sweepstakes, or surveys you enter into.
Third-Party Locations and Services. When you are on the Services, you may be directed to other sites or services that are operated by third parties outside of our control. For example, if you click on a link displayed on the Services you may be taken to a different site. We may share information at your request or direction. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by these third parties. We encourage you to pay attention when you leave our Services and to review the privacy policies of any third-party locations you go to.
Administrative and Legal Disclosures. We may disclose your information to third parties: (i) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (ii) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, or governmental requestor legal process, or any legal process in connection with a court proceeding or arbitration, if in our good faith opinion we are required or permitted to do so by law; (iii) to investigate potential violations of policies applicable to the Services; (iv) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Services, our staff, users, or any other third party; or (v) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or threats to security.
Business Transfers. We may share your information with our affiliate companies within and outside of the United States. In the event some or all of our company will be acquired by another party, we may share your information with the acquiring party.
Consent. We may share your information for other purposes if we have disclosed that purpose to you and you have consented to it.
De-identified Information. We may share aggregated information that does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
Ads and Analytics
The Services may use other parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve targeted advertisements based on your behavior on and off of the Services, and may use analytics, user research, or other similar parties to evaluate and provide us or other parties with information about your use of the Services and viewing of ads or content. Network advertisers are parties that display advertisements, which may be based on your visits to the Services or other locations you have visited.
There are various ways in which you can exercise choice and control over the information you provide to us on the Services. Here are some examples:
Limit the Information You Provide to Us. You can stop all prospective collection of information on our Services by uninstalling and ceasing to interact with the Services. You can also decline to provide information we request from you, although doing so may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services (e.g., you will not be able to create an account with us if you do not provide your email address and other information we need to process your registration). With respect to our software applications, you may use the standard uninstall process supported by your device, the app, or the marketplace or software through which you acquired the app to stop all prospective information collection through the app.
Change Your Communications Preferences. You may cancel or modify the email communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails or, where applicable, by logging into your account and adjusting your settings. This will not affect subsequent access to the Services. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Services, such as administrative and service announcements, and you will continue to receive these transactional account messages even if you opt-out of receiving our promotional email communications.
Interest-Based Advertising Opt Outs. Some of the advertisers and parties that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding interest-based advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices for website opt-out choices and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for mobile app opt-out choices. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain interest-based advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt-out options or programs of any other parties or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Location Data. For our mobile apps, you can turn off our collection of precise location data through the settings on your device. You can stop collection of all location data through a particular app by uninstalling that app.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Your Rights over Your Information
Accounts and Forums:
Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your account information from our databases and residual data may remain on backup media. Also, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may remove content you have posted on our forums by logging into your account, directly accessing your post, and using the editing tools in our forums (if available). Should you wish to edit or remove any content you have publicly posted, you may contact us with your specific removal request. Please note that we are not required to remove your posted content or information if it has been de-identified or if we are required by law to retain it.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Transfers of Information
Please be aware that information we collect may be transferred, processed, stored, and used internationally, including in the United States, Canada,
If you are located in the EU, please see our EU Privacy Notice.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, as required by COPPA. There may be instances, such as a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion, in which we collect personal information from a child in order to contact a parent and complete prize fulfillment in accordance with COPPA. We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 (or different age as may apply in your jurisdiction) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us without your consent, please contact us at 8509 154th Ave NE, Redmond WA 98052 or email@example.com. We will delete the child’s personal information from our records as soon as possible.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We understand how important data security is to you, and we have implemented various policies, processes, and technical measures to help protect and secure your information. That said, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us. Please take care when transmitting information online, including through the Services, and make sure to keep your passwords and account information secure at all times. In the event we become aware of a data breach involving unencrypted notice-triggering information in our possession, we will notify you as may be required by applicable law.
Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions or wish to file a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.